The Greggs Wood Estate in Sherwood, Tunbridge Wells has just received full planning permission for redevelopment by Tunbridge Wells Council. The new development has been designed by PRP for Town and Country Housing Group and the application forms part of the wider Sherwood neighbourhood to the north east of Tunbridge Wells.
The development will comprise:
• New Neighbourhood Park and Community Square
• Re-provision of existing retail units
• The construction of up to 257 new residential units across four phases including the potential for 45 homes for older people
• Demolition of a mixed use block, comprising three retail units and flats above
• Demolition of the existing 176 two bedroom flats across 16 residential blocks
PRP's Partner, Brendan Kilpatrick comments: "It's fantastic news to have such overwhelming support for the scheme. The design concept which PRP adopted was to integrate the built form with the surrounding landscape and the dramatic backdrop of Gregg's Wood which borders the site."